This summer has been very good to so far. I have done a lot of traveling, spent time with family and friends and gotten in a ton of reading with a lot of 4 and 5 star reads. I feel really lucky that I was able read so many great stories.
To Recap July
- 26 Books Read
- 20 Fiction
- 2 Graphic Novels
- 4 Non-Fiction
This month it is hard to pick a favorite, but I am going to go with Evvie Drake Starts Over. This was just a fresh take on an second chance romance. This is not your typical fairy-tale romance, this seemed very adult, with all the mistakes and all the self-doubts that come with starting a romance at 40.
Here is how the rest of the month panned out.
Highly Rated – Run Out to the store and immediately buy these
- The Stationary Shop – Marian Kamali
- The Marriage Clock – Zaire Raheem
- Garlic and Sapphires – Ruth Reichl
- Whisper Network – Chandler Baker
- This Will Only Hurt a Little – Busy Philipps
- Burial Rites – Hannah Kent
- City of Girls – Elizabeth Gilbert
- Ex Machina: Deluxe Volume 1 and 2 – Brian K. Vaughan
- The Two Lila Bennetts – Liz Fenton and Lisa Steinke
- Evvie Drake Starts Over – Linda Holmes
- The Idea of You – Robinne Lee
- All the Water in the World – Karen Raney – out August 6. 2019
Average Rating – Borrow these from the library
- The Need – Helen Phillips
- I’ll Never Tell – Catherine McKenzie
- Good Girl, Bad Girl – Michael Robotham
- In Another Time – Jillian Cantor
- Happiness for Beginners – Katherine Center
- The Helpline – Katherine Collette
- In At the Deep End – Kate Davies
- Gift From The Sea – Anne Morrow Lindbergh
- The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina: Season of the Witch – Sara Rees Brennan
- The Nickel Boys – Colson Whitehead
- Is There Still Sex in the City? – Candace Bushnell – out August 6. 2019
Below Average – Skip It
- Symptoms of a Heart Break – Sona Charaopotra
- American Spy – Lauren Wilkinson
What were some of your favorite reads of July?
I am looking forward to August, but I have a bit of traveling for personal and business so not sure how much I will get to read, but I am going to try my best.